Persons who meet the following criteria can apply for the CEF:
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, or holders of a one-way permit from Mainland China;
- Aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course commences and at the time when the application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted;
- Have enrolled in and paid the tuition fee for the CEF reimbursable course; and
- Have submitted to the College a consent form for disclosure of personal data to the Specified Public Authorities for the purposes of fee reimbursement before the commencement of the CEF reimbursable course.
- With effect from 1 April 2019, applicants who apply for the CEF for the first time are only required to complete Application Form [SFO 313 (2020)], which is a combined application form for both account opening and fee reimbursement. This combined form is also applicable to applicants who have opened a CEF account before 1 April 2019 to apply for fee reimbursement only.
- Application Form [SFO 313 (2020)] can be obtained from the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) and District Offices or downloaded from the OCEF website. Applicants may also fill in the application form online on the website of GovHK and print the completed form.
- The completed application form together with the letter of certification issued by the College after successful completion of the reimbursable course and a copy of supporting documents should be submitted to the OCEF WITHIN ONE YEAR upon successful completion of the reimbursable course.
- Successful completion means you have passed the reimbursable course, attained the overall mark of 50% of assessment(s) as prescribed for the course and have attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course.
In respect of any courses for which the fees are to be reimbursed, upon seeking reimbursement of the fees, the applicant must not have obtained any other public funds or assistance under any other publicly-funded financial assistance schemes for the same course, such as grants or loans from the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students administered by the Student Finance Office.
For details about CEF, please contact the OCEF.
Office of the Continuing Education Fund
Address: Units 07-11, 25/F, CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
24-hour Hotline: 3142-2277