A well-thought-out “2+2” articulation pathway for HKCC students
PolyU CPCE (which oversees HKCC and SPEED) offers a well-planned “2+2” articulation pathway to HKCC students who, after completing a 2-year sub-degree programme, may articulate to SPEED’s 2-year top-up honours degree programmes leading to PolyU-SPEED awards.
HKCC students to receive early from SPEED a Conditional Offer of Admission to a top-up honours degree programme
To help HKCC students plan in advance for their further study, SPEED will offer to each HKCC student – at the start of their first semester at HKCC – a Conditional Offer of Admission. Providing that you, as an HKCC student, meet the requirements of the Conditional Offer of Admission (listed below) by the end of your third semester at HKCC, you will be given an Offer of Admission to SPEED’s top-up honours degree programme.
1. HKDSE and GPA* Requirements
|Guaranteed Offer (without interview)||
GPA 2.5 or above^
GPA 2.8 or above
|Guaranteed Interview (offer will be made based on interview performance)||
GPA 2.0 or above
GPA 2.5 or above
*GPA (Grade Point Average) is unweighted cumulative average calculated for all subjects taken, including failed subjects. It is capped at 4.0.
#33222 refers to obtaining Level 3 in Chinese Language and English Language; Level 2 in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one elective subject in HKDSE.
2. Other Requirements
- Sub-degree study in related disciplines at HKCC
- SPEED’s programme-specific requirements:
BA (Hons) in Professional Communication
Grade B (grade point 3.0) or above in one English subject, one Chinese subject and one Putonghua subject in an HKCC AD or HD programme
- Grade B (grade point 3.0) or above in one English subject, one Chinese subject and one Putonghua subject in an HKCC AD or HD programme
BA (Hons) in Bilingual Studies
Average grade of C+ (grade point 2.5) or above in all English subjects and all Chinese subjects in an HKCC AD or HD programme
- Average grade of C+ (grade point 2.5) or above in all English subjects and all Chinese subjects in an HKCC AD or HD programme
BA (Hons) in Applied and Media Arts
- Average grade of C+ (grade point 2.5) or above in all English subjects in an HKCC AD or HD programme; and
All shortlisted candidates are required to present their portfolio and pass an interview before they are considered for the Offer of Admission
All other SPEED's programmes
- Average grade of C+ (grade point 2.5) or above in all English subjects in an HKCC AD or HD programme
^For students with 33222 in HKDSE and GPA between 2.5 to 2.79, a guaranteed offer of admission to the following programmes will be made to them if they meet the additional requirements listed below:
BA (Hons) in Marketing and Public Relations
- Average grade point of 2.75 or above in all marketing and/or public relations subjects in an HKCC AD or HD programme
BSc (Hons) in Applied Sciences (Information Systems and Web Technologies)
- Average grade of C+ (grade point 2.5) or above in all computer programming subjects in an HKCC AD or HD programme
(For students with 33222 in HKDSE and GPA of 2.8 or above, the above additional requirements are not applicable.)
- Students who do not meet the above criteria (including those from unrelated disciplines) may also be considered and invited for interview subject to availability of places. Those with recommendation from HKCC’s Programme Leaders will be considered favourably.
- Students will be provided with a list of SPEED’s programmes intended to be offered in 2016/17. The offering of any programmes is subject to annual review. There may be re-development and phasing out of programmes from time to time. At the same time, SPEED may develop new programmes, as appropriate, in response to community needs. Depending on the programme nature, future programmes may have different specific requirements. Students will be advised to refer to the latest programme information provided by SPEED at the time of application.
Apart from the above, SPEED collaborates with Northumbria University and the University of London International Programmes in offering top-up degree programmes and preparatory law courses respectively, leading to overseas awards. HKCC graduates may also apply for admission to these programmes (the Conditional Offer Scheme does not apply to these two types of programmes).